Leicester forward, Jamie Vardy finished the season as the English Premier League top scorer for 2019-20 season. #PL #EPL
While Leicester won’t play in the Champions League next season and finished fifth in the Premier League following their 2-0 loss to Manchester United, Jamie Vardy is not coming home empty-handed. The English striker ends the 2019-20 season with the Golden Boot, the award for the English Premier League top scorer.
With 23 goals in the league, the English striker finishes first ahead of Arsenal striker, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who scored twice with Arsenal against Watford (3-2 victory) and Danny Ings who scored a penalty in Southampton’s victory against Sheffield United (3-1).
The two men have scored 22 goals. Jamie Vardy at the age of 33 years is also the oldest top scorer in the English league.
The ranking of scorers in the Premier League:
- Jamie Vardy (Leicester) 23 goals
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal) 22 goals
- Danny Ings (Southampton) 22 goals
- Raheem Sterling (Manchester City) 21 goals
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) 19 goals
- Harry Kane (Tottenham) 18 goals
- Sadio Mané (Liverpool) 18 goals
- Raul Jimenez (Wolverhampton) 17 goals
- Anthony Martial (Manchester United) 17 goals
- Marcus Rashord (Manchester United) 17 goals