Nigerian Singer, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has opened an online portal for orphanages to apply for the N250m fund, in commemoration of his 29th birthday.
The singer had on Monday announced that the application has begun and is open for only registered orphanages in Nigeria.
In this piece, we highlights how interested orphanages can apply to enable them to benefit from the N250m fund.
It is pertinent to note that a principal executive of the orphanage is expected to fill the online form on behalf of his/her facility.
Steps to apply
- Interested orphanage operators are to follow the link: https://linktr.ee/davidoorphanagedonations
- Once the link opens, click on the ‘orphanage registration link’ option to proceed.
- A welcome message will surface. Click on the ‘continue’ option to read the rules of filling the form.
- On agreement with the rules, proceed to fill the form.
Instructions for applications
- Kindly fill out every field as clearly and as detailed as possible.
- Attach documents to support request.
- All information entered will be verified as inconsistency may lead to disqualification.
- The Committee may conduct search and physical inspection unannounced.
- Registration closes on Thursday, 2nd of December 2021.
Davido’s N250m donation to orphanages
Naija News 247 recalls that, on November 17, 2021, David asked his friends and fans to donate N1m each to him for his birthday.
Though he added that the goal was to get N100m, the singer received over N53m in cash transfers in less than one hour.
In three days, the singer received over N200m as gifts from his friends. Adding N50m of his personal money, the singer decided to give back to society by donating N250m to orphanages across Nigeria.
He also set up a five-man committee to monitor the progress of the disbursement of the funds.