The Administrative Secretary of the board, Mr. Bolaji Sanni, made this known on Wednesday while featuring on a private radio station in Osogbo, Rave FM.
It would be recalled that Saudi Arabia recently barred travellers from Nigeria and other countries from performing 2021 Hajj over the Coronavirus concerns.
According to Sanni, the emergence of COVID-19 variants is the main reason why Saudi Arabia authorities cancelled Hajj for foreign pilgrims this year.
He said: “We had it in mind that we would go to hajj this year, especially after taking the COVID-19 vaccines, but when Saudi Arabia authorities learnt about the emergence of new COVID-19 variants in some parts of the world, they had to stop us from coming.
“When we heard that we can no longer go to hajj this year, the board gave the intending pilgrims two options of rolling over their money towards next year hajj or we refund it.
“There are some people who showed interest in getting their money back. We started the process of refunding their money last week Monday and those who came have been paid”.
Sanni however said those who collected their money back should not expect to be at the front queue next year as there is a limit to the numbers that can be taken to hajj by the State Government.
He said: “Those who have been refunded might not be privileged to go with us next year because there is a limit to what we can take. They have to queue behind those who did not collect their money”.