The breast is a very delicate part of a woman’s body. Aside from being used for breastfeeding, what else do you know about it? So many people do not know certain facts about both breasts and that is why I wrote this article.
Some interesting facts you need to know about a woman’s breast include;
- One may be bigger than other
Don’t freak out if she appears a little lopsided: About one-quarter of all women have one breast that is larger than the other.
Women’s breasts are independent beings that respond to estrogen differently during puberty.
For about 65 percent of women with breast asymmetry, the left dominates. A Turkish study suggests that the left side of her body has a higher immune hypersensitivity, a factor that impacts hormones such as estrogen that control breast shape and size.
- Their sizes can fluctuate
You can tell when her period is with just a glance. According to the National Institute of Health, women’s levels of the hormones progesterone and prolactin increase about a week or two before she menstruates.
This causes her to retain more water and her breast tissue and milk glands to grow, and with them, her bra size.
Some women can grow as much as a cup size bigger.
- Sagging is inevitable
Unless you have corrective surgery, getting older means your breasts will sag over time. Other culprits include gravity, smoking, and sleeping. If you’re a stomach sleeper, you might consider changing positions. Some reports show that sleeping on your stomach can change the shape of your breasts.
- 85 percent of women wear the wrong bra size, maybe they are too embarrassed to ask or they wish to flatter themselves with the wrong sized bra. So please grab a measuring tape and measure yourself.
- According to research published in the International Journal of Sexual Health 70 percent of women are always unhappy with their breasts. Either they feel they are too small or they think it’s too big.
- Research has shown that so many women are not bothered about breast cancer and this is not good. There may be various reasons for anything from being unaware or they may be scared that they really might have cancer. All women need to be careful about this.